Monday, October 20, 2014

Arm Shadow

Arm Shadow
Charcoal on newsprint
24" x 18"


I'm getting some drawings ready for a show of nudes early next year. I might include some charcoal-on-newsprint originals, but most pieces will be images that originated as charcoal-on-newsprint life drawings, enhanced digitally, then made into limited edition prints on paper, canvas, or aluminum.

Meanwhile, a big life drawing event happens this Saturday in Santa Fe at the Center for Contemporary Art, in the Munoz Waxman Gallery: Three Muses Drawing Extravaganza

Three models, 4 hours, with light refreshments, $18/artist. 

Around 45 artists have responded so it should be a great event. It might be the first of its kind in Santa Fe, as far as I know. I've been to all-day events like this in London, with a dozen or more models posing at once. 

So, I hereby proclaim Santa Fe to be the London of the Southwest.

For more information about the CCA event, visit Argos Gallery's Three Muses web page.