Thursday, March 17, 2016

Kanazawa Kimona

A quick post before our group goes to a Japanese pub for dinner, and to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'm pretty sure our group are the only people in Japan that knows it's St. Patrick's Day, but in a couple of hours I'm pretty sure a few Japanese pub patrons will not only know it's St. Patrick's Day, but they'll also know it's my 71st birthday. Friend Elizabeth has started the celebration early by bringing a bottle of  Vodka & Diet Coke to our room. Sake soon to follow. 

Today we went to a Geisha shop part of town. Kanazawa has three Geisha areas. The one we visited is the oldest, with six Geisha shops. I never realized I like shopping. But really, the Geishas are very respectable these days. Dammit. No birthday or senior discounts either. Curses.