Thursday, September 27, 2012

Extra Drawing Session

Occasionally an extra drawing session is arranged at the Argos Gallery. At Tuesday night's drawing group I was told about such a session that would happen the following night. The model would be doing the second 3 hours of a six-hour pose.

At the drawing session on Wednesday night, a limit of 6 artists had been set. I was artist number 6, so no problem. I was told not to set up an easel until everyone from the first session a week ago had set up in their spots. That works for me because I think any angle of the model is interesting, often more interesting than the main view the other artists might have.


The only spot available for my easel was on the extreme right of the model stand.
 
The woman running the session had the model pose partially dressed for part of the session. I don't know why, but like I said, it works for me.